Saturday, October 29, 2016

How Yoga Can Help with Anxiety, Stress, and Panic Attacks

Advertisement



Do you suffer from anxiety? Whether it’s your everyday stress, an anxiety disorder, or comes in the form of panic attacks, there’s a lot that can be done to help holistically. Yoga is definitely at the top of that list. Start practicing and see how yoga can help with anxiety disorders, stress, depression, and much more.

Welcome. You’re most likely reading this because you deal with stress and anxiety in your life. Honestly, who doesn’t, right? Stress, anxiety disorders, and depression are at an all-time high, and the way we live and our society today has plenty to do with it. I’m not an expert, psychiatrist, or yoga teacher. But I consider myself very well-versed on the issue of anxiety. I’ve had an anxiety disorder for the past decade and a half. I was first diagnosed with anxiety disorder at the age of 15 and prescribed medication. Over the past 15 years, I’ve had several ups-and-downs to my disorder, changed medications many times, developed agoraphobia, and had a whole host of health problems related to my anxiety and the side effects of medication.

However, I’ve also learned ways to deal with my disorder that are not just medication. This includes many things: therapy, research, diet, meditation, and yoga. Today I am focusing on how yoga can help with anxiety and stress. This is something that has been very beneficial to me. Even if you’ve never done yoga a single day in your life, this article is still for you. There is a place for yoga in everyone’s life.

Below, I outline exactly how yoga can help with anxiety, whether it’s related to a disorder, everyday stress, or a particularly hard period of time in your life. At the bottom of the page, I will give further resources, including how to start a yoga practice, free yoga videos, and additional books and literature on anxiety and how yoga can help with anxiety and stress. Remember, the more you understand anxiety, the less control it has over you and the more control you have over it.


Advertisement


No comments:

Post a Comment