Friday, October 28, 2016

7 Ways to Ease Muscle Soreness

Advertisement



As runners, endurance athletes, cross-fitters or whatever your sport, many times we push the limits, and find ourselves doing the penguin walk the day after a tough workout. If you’re training for a race or competition, you don’t always have the luxury of giving your body lengthy recovery time between workouts.

In order to stick to your training plan, you have to be back at it with perhaps only one recovery day under your belt. Muscle soreness is part of training. Many times, I’ve inched my way out of bed, wondering how I will ever get through the next workout. If I can barely lift my legs before I even start, how will I manage to get through a challenging tempo or long run?

Have you ever wondered, “how can I speed up muscle recovery?” Or at least ease muscle pain between workouts? Here are a few tips to aid with muscle soreness:

TIPS FOR EASING MUSCLE SORENESS

1. Stagger your key workouts out – In running, we generally do three key workouts: speed, tempo, and long run. If you stagger your difficult workouts throughout the week, this gives your body a day or two to recover in between.

Read Full Article:  7 Ways to Ease Muscle Soreness


Advertisement


No comments:

Post a Comment